Sunday, November 04, 2007

So, my "i'm really getting married" reality check came last week when I bought my dress.

On Thursday I went to pick up my dress. Since I bought it at a sample and consignment store - white Chicago - I had to take it home with me. Then in June I can call them and set up my fitting. So this is my official reminder to myself to call them in June. I also have to have purchased my shoes by then too. Not that I should worry about shoes anytime soon, but I have to ask, how does one shop for bridal shoes? It's not like you can take the dress into the store with you and I hate online shoe shopping. I guess this will be an early spring task. Also, I have to say that finding a place to hang the dress was next to impossible. My dress doesn't have a long train but it is still in a giant garment bag. I finally found the perfect spot in the coat closet but it took awhile to make room!

Henry's reality check came today when we didn't have anything to do so I suggested that we go to Crate and Barrel to look around and register for gifts. He was fine until we had the scanner in hand... then he was definitely freaking out. After we got over it I realized that although it is fun to register for gifts it might be easier to do it online - especially if you know what you want. Speaking of registries, I am trying to limit myself to three places. So far it's Crate and Barrel, Bed Bath and Beyond, and I think either Bloomingdale's or Macy's. I started a Target registry and then came to the decision that BB&B has a better selection of sheets, plus they also carry Dyson vacuum cleaners which is why I originally went to Target.

My take-away for the day is that even if your man likes to shop he may not really care what goes on your wedding registry (unless it's a flat screen tv).

No comments: